Selected Journal Publications
- S. Saqib, S. Rafiq, N. Ahmed, A. L. Khan, A. Mukhtar, N. Mellon, N. Ahmad, Perylene based novel mixed matrix membranes with enhanced selective pure and mixed gases (CO2, CH4, and N2) separation, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 73 (2020) 103072
- Z. Sajjad, M. A. Gilani, A. L. Khan*, Development of novel hydrophilic ionic liquid membranes for the recovery of biobutanol through pervaporation, Journal of Environmental Management, 251 (2019) 109618.
- M. Ali, M. Aslam, A. Khan, M. A. Gilani, A. L. Khan*, Mixed matrix membranes incorporated with sonication-assisted ZIF-8 nanofillers for hazardous wastewater treatment, Environmental Science & Pollution Research, 26 (2019) 35913.
- N. Habib, Z. Shamair, M. A. Gilani, A. L. Khan*, Development of highly permeable and selective mixed matrix membranes based on Pebax®1657 and NOTT-300 for CO2 capture, Separation and Purification Technology, 234 (2020) 116101.
- S. Bano. S. R. Tariq, A. Ilyas, M. Aslam, M. Bilad, A. Nizami, A. L. Khan*, Synergistic solution of CO2 capture by novel lanthanide-based MOF-76 yttrium nanocrystals in mixed-matrix membranes, Energy & Environment, DOI: 10.1177/0958305X19882413.
- N. U. Barambu, M. R. Bilad, Y. Wibisono, A. L. Khan, Membrane Surface Patterning as a Fouling Mitigation Strategy in Liquid Filtration: A Review, Polymers, 11 (2019) 1687.
- M. Aslam, J. Kim, Membrane scouring to control fouling under fluidization of non-adsorbing media for wastewater treatment, Environ Sci Pollut Res, 26 (2019) 1061
- M. Aslam, J. Kim, Investigating membrane fouling associated with GAC fluidization on membrane with effluent from anaerobic fluidized bed bioreactor in domestic wastewater treatment, Environ Sci Pollut Res, 26 (2019) 1170
- A. E. Atabani, M. Aslam, Valorization of spent coffee grounds into biofuels and value-added products: Pathway towards integrated bio-refinery, Fuel, 254 (2019) 115640
- M. Yasin, M. Aslam, A. A. Bazmi, Bioreactors, gas delivery systems and supporting technologies for microbial synthesis gas conversion process, Bioresource Technology Reports, 7 (2019) 100207.
- S. Ishaq, R. Tamime, M. R. Bilad, A. L Khan*, Mixed Matrix Membranes comprising of Polysulfone and Microporous BIO-MOF-1: Preparation and Gas Separation Properties, Separation and Purification Technology, 210 (2019) 442.
- Z. Tahir, M. Aslam, M. A. Gilani, A. L. Khan, -SO3H functionalized UiO-66 nanocrystals in Polysulfone based mixed matrix membranes: Synthesis and application for efficient CO2 capture, Separation and Purification Technology, 224 (2019) 524.
- A. Khalid, M. Aslam, M. A. Qyyum, A. Faisal, M. Yasin, A. L. Khan, Membrane separation processes for dehydration of bioethanol from fermentation broths: Recent developments, challenges, and prospects, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 105 (2019) 427.
- A. Tabriz, M. Rehman, A. L. Khan, Quaternized trimethyl functionalized chitosan based antifungal membranes for drinking water treatment, Carbohydrate Polymers, 207 (2019) 17.
- A. Laura, M. R. Bilad, Z. A. Putraa, A. L. Khan, Sequencing batch membrane photobioreactor for simultaneous cultivation of aquaculture feed and polishing of real secondary effluent, Journal of Water Process Engineering, 29 (2019) 100779.
- M. Maaz, M. Yasin, M. Aslam, A. L. Khan, Anaerobic membrane bioreactors for wastewater treatment: Novel configurations, fouling control and energy considerations, Bioresource Technology, 283 (2019) 358.
- M. Ayaz, A. Muhammad, M. Younas, A. L. Khan, M. Rezakazemi, Enhanced Water Flux by Fabrication of Polysulfone/Alumina Nanocomposite Membrane for Copper(II) Removal, Macomolecular Research, (2019), DOI 10.1007/s13233-019-7086-4
- S. Saqib, S. Rafiq, M. Chawla, M. Saeed, N. Muhammad, S. Khurram, K. Majeed, A. L. Khan, M, Ghauri, F. Jamil, M. Aslam, “Facile CO2 separation in composite membranes”, Chemical Engineering & Technology, 42 (2019) 30-44.
- – M. Aslam, R. Ahmad, M. Yasin, A. L. Khan, M. K. Shahid, S. Hossain Z. Khan, F. Jamil, S. Rafiq, M. R. Bilad, J. Kim, G. Kumar, “Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactors for Biohydrogen Production: Recent Developments, Challenges and Perspectives”, Bioresource Technology, 269 (2018) 452-46
- – M. Aslam, R. Ahmad, J. Kim, “Recent developments in biofouling control in membrane bioreactors for domestic wastewater treatment”, Separation and Purification Technology 206 (2018) 297-315.
- – A. Eliseus, M. R. Bilad, N. A. H. M. Nordin, A. L. Khan, Z. A. Putra, M. Wirzal, M. Aslam, A. Aqsha, J. Jaafar, “Two-way switch: Maximizing productivity of tilted panel in membrane bioreactor”, Journal of Environmental Management 228 (2018) 529-537.
- – A. Khan, M. Ali, A. Ilyas, P. Naik, I. F. J. Vankelecom, M. A. Gilani, M. R. Bilad, Z. Sajjad, A. L. Khan, “ZIF-67 filled PDMS mixed matrix membranes for recovery of ethanol via pervaporation”, Separation and Purification Technology 206 (2018) 50.
- – R. Ahmad, M. Aslam, E. Park, S. Chang, D. Kwon, J. Kim, “Submerged low-cost pyrophyllite ceramic membrane filtration combined with GAC as fluidized particles for industrial wastewater treatment, Chemosphere 206 (2018) 784-792.
- – A. Charfi, E. Park, M. Aslam, J. Kim, “Particle-sparged anaerobic membrane bioreactor with fluidized polyethylene terephthalate beads for domestic wastewater treatment: Modelling approach and fouling control”, Bioresource Technology 258 (2018) 263-269.
- – M. Aslam, P. Yang, P. H. Lee, J. Kim, “Novel staged anaerobic fluidized bed ceramic membrane bioreactor: Energy reduction, fouling control and microbial characterization”, Journal of Membrane Science 553 (2018) 200-208.
- – Z. Tahir, A. Ilyas, X. Li, M. R. Bilad, I. F. J. Vankelecom, A. L. Khan, “Tuning the gas separation performance of fluorinated and sulfonated PEEK membranes by incorporation of zeolite 4A”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science 135 (2018) 45952.
- – H. Asghar, A. Ilyas, Z. Tahir, X. Li, A. L. Khan, “Fluorinated and Sulfonated Poly (Ether Ether Ketone) and Matrimid Blend Membranes for CO2 Separation”, Separation and Purification Technology 203 (2018) 233-41.
- – S. Ishaq, R. Tamime, M. R. Bilad, A. L. Khan, “Mixed matrix membranes comprising of polysulfone and microporous Bio-MOF-1: Preparation and gas separation properties”, Separation and Purification Technology 210 (2018) 442-451.
- – A. Ilyas, N. Muhammad, M. A. Gilani, I. F. J Vankelecom, A. L. Khan, “Effect of zeolite surface modification with ionic liquid [APTMS][Ac] on gas separation performance of mixed matrix membranes”, Separation and Purification Technology 205 (2018) 176-183.
- – N. Jang, M. Yasin, H. Kang, Y. Lee, G. W. Park, S. Park, I. S. Chang, “Bubble coalescence suppression driven carbon monoxide (CO)-water mass transfer increase by electrolyte addition in a hollow fiber membrane bioreactor (HFMBR) for microbial CO conversion to ethanol” Bioresource Technology 263 (2018) 375-384.
- – A. Eliseus, Z. Putra, M. R Bilad, A. L Khan, Energy minimization of a tilted panel filtration system for microalgae filtration: Performance modeling and optimization, Algal Research 34 (2018) 104.
- – R. Rehman, S,.Rafiq, N. Muhammad, A. L. Khan, A. U. Rehman, L. Ting, M. Saeed, F. Jamil, M. Ghauri, X. Gu, “Development of ethanolamine‐based ionic liquid membranes for efficient CO2/CH4 separation”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science 134 (2017) 45395.
- – I. Munnawar, S. S. Iqbal, M. N. Anwar, M. Batool, S. Tariq, N. Faitma, A. L. Khan, A. U. Khan, U, Nazar, T. Jamil, “Synergistic effect of chitosan-zinc oxide hybrid nanoparticles on antibiofouling and water disinfection of mixed matrix polyethersulfone nanocomposite membranes” Carbohydrate polymers 175 (2017) 661-670.
- – I. Bhatti, K. Qureshi, K. S. N. Kamarudin, A. A. Bazmi, A. W. Bhutto, F. Ahmad, M. Lee, “Innovative method to prepare a stable emulsion liquid membrane for high CO2 absorption and its performance evaluation for a natural gas feed in a rotating disk contactor” Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 34 (2017) 716-732.
- – A. Ilyas, N. Muhammad, M. A. Gilani, K. Ayub, I. F. J. Vankelecom, A. L. Khan, “Supported protic ionic liquid membrane based on 3-(trimethoxysilyl)propan-1-aminium acetate for the highly selective separation of CO2”, Journal of Membrane Science 543 (2017) 301-309.
- – I Bhatti, AW Bhutto, K Qureshi, KSN Kamarudin, AA Bazmi, F Ahmad, “Hydrodynamics study of the modified rotating disc contactor for CO2 absorption from natural gas using emulsion liquid membrane” Chemical Engineering Research and Design 111 (2017) 465-47834.
- – M. Saeed, S. Rafiq, L. H. Bergersen, L. Deng, “Tailoring of water swollen PVA membrane for hosting carriers in CO2 facilitated transport membranes”, Separation and Purification Technology 179 (2017) 550-560.
- – A. Kertik, A. L. Khan, I. Vankelecom, “Mixed matrix membranes prepared from non-dried MOFs for CO2/CH4 separation”, RSC Advances 6 (2016) 114505.
- – A. L. Khan, X. Li, A. Ilyas, M. T. Raza, I. F. J. Vankelecom, “Novel sulfonated and fluorinated PEEK membranes for CO2 separation”, Separation and Purification Technology 167 (2016) 1-5.
- – S. Lu, A. L. Khan, I. F. J. Vankelecom, “Polysulfone-ionic liquid based membranes for CO2/N2 separation with tunable porous surface features”, Journal of Membrane Science 518 (2016) 10-20.
- – S. Rafiq, L. Deng, M. Hägg, “Role of facilitated transport membranes and composite membranes for efficient CO2 capture–A review”, ChemBioEng Reviews 3 (2016) 68-85.
- – N. Waheed, A. Mushtaq, S. Tabassum, A. L. Khan, M. A. Gilani, Y. Jamal, A. U. Khan, “Mixed matrix membranes based on polysulfone and rice husk extracted silica for CO2 separation”, Separation and Purification Technology 170 (2016) 122-129.